Thursday 26 December 2013

A new era starts!

Well here we are. The end of another year.  I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has helped and supported me throughout this year. It’s been another successful and action packed 12 months, with many ups and downs.

A huge thank you to Cycling Ireland and Vanilla Bikes for the huge amount of support throughout the season, it was an honour to raise my arms under your support. Also to good friend Paddy Fitzsimmons for being a true gent and putting me up over on the Emerald Isle on numerous occasions. And to Mick Bennett and Neil Martin for mentoring me and giving me guidance, without whom I wouldn’t be where I am.

It really doesn’t seem like we’ve been upside down now for over a month. I’ve met so many lovely people and made so many good friends here in Bendigo. I have met some of my idols who I’ve had up on my bedroom wall growing up and been out on rides with many legends of the sport.

Being out here the last month with Mike, Felix, Luke, Will and Tom has been fantastic. It’s been great to get to know them all and I’m so looking forward to get racing with them all this year.


We’ve had a brilliant Australian Christmas, thanks to good friend Turtle. Starting the day with a group ride for a few hours with track legends Marvuli and Madison partner Grassman, Andreas Muller, Lapperz, Turtle, myself, Will, Sam Crome and Felix. Thank you to Turtles family, the Casey’s for having us over for Christmas lunch and giving us a little bit of home.


 Later in the afternoon we took a trip over to see Turtles house mate Peter Ladd’s family. We had a brilliant chilled day, meeting so many lovely people. Thank you so much for making us feel so welcome.

I’m currently sat writing this after a day of cleaning the house and packing all my belongings for the next leg of our Australian adventure. Today the rest of the team and staff fly out here to meet us in Geelong on Saturday. It will be great to meet everyone again and have the whole team out here. Swanny Dave, will be joining us here in Bendigo tomorrow and we will be let in to our new home for the remainder of our time here in Oz. Thanks to connections from Turtle and Peter Ladd, the team will be staying in 3 houses all very close to each other. This will be an ideal base for the next month or so and I’m really looking forward to the times ahead.

In 7 days I will be rocking up on the start line for my debut for Rapha Condor JLT at the support race of the Bay crits. I’m incredibly excited to get stuck into some racing, especially at such a huge and famous event. Pinning my race number onto that black jersey for the first time will be a very special feeling, one to treasure! It will be a fantastic experience and I can’t wait to get going!

Once again, thank you to John Herety, coach Ken Matheson and all at Rapha Condor JLT for all the support and giving me such a fantastic opportunity.

You can follow the teams progress at the Bay Crits on the teams twitter page - @raphacondorjlt

And also here - @Jack_Sadler

Keep a look out soon for the next blog after the Bay Crits and before the next block of training! Thank you for reading 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment